Fortune 500; NYSE listed company; revenues > USD 15Bn
IT Staff Augmentation
> 100,000 engineering hours
Daily rate, monthly billing
1. Review of open IT positions (technology, project timeline, staffing)
2. Identification of suitable IT specialists by Bluebird
3. Presenting candidate CVs to the client
4. Client-side interviews, selection of IT professionals
5. Background check
6. Project start
7. Monthly billing based on completed engineer hours
In 2020, we approached a major US multinational investment company because it had established a subsidiary in Hungary and had, to our knowledge, set significant organisational development goals.
By establishing the Hungarian subsidiary, the company aimed to leverage the opportunity provided by the Hungarian developer base and to perform high value software development tasks with Hungarian software developers at a lower cost level than previously possible.
The company carries out its long-term development with employees, while its project-related development is provided by project teams, mostly consisting of IT contractors. However, the company only contracts with medium and large companies that meet the company's requirements: they practice ethical cooperation, are above reproach in terms of compliance, agree to non-discrimination and are fair market players. For us, all of this is a given.
After contacting the them, the client indicated its software development needs, which led to a discussion on how we could be a trusted partner for the company's requirements.
Having the their office in Hungary was a huge opportunity for us, as the company has been a Fortune 500 company for many years. The company is known to be:
- 1Founded in the United States of America more than 30 years ago.
- 2It is listed on the US stock exchange.
- 3Annual sales of more than USD 15 billion.
Step 1: Supplier qualification
Becoming a partner of a multinational company is not an easy process. You have to pass the supplier qualification, prove references, meet turnover and headcount expectations, but also prove that your company has a code of ethics, respects the principles of non-discrimination, takes its share of social responsibility, complies with the strictest confidentiality rules.
We were pleased to see that Bluebird was easily able to meet the following conditions:
Step 2: Contract conclusion
Contracting with our client ensured that, in the event of a capacity shortage on its software development projects, Bluebird could quickly deploy its experts to start the software development tasks specified in the project contracts.
The contracting process was easy for us, as many multinationals, large corporations, medium and small enterprises are Bluebird's clients.
Step 3: First project
Once the contract was signed, the way was clear for us to get involved in their software development projects. On our first project, they were surprised by our speed and determination. What we could and have been able to deliver ever since:
Step 4: Next projects
We have an extremely good working relationship with the managers of the different business units, whether they are based in Hungary, London, New York, San Francisco or Seattle.
The secret of our success is simple:
- 1We discuss client needs in detail in every case. This includes programming languages, frameworks, tools, technology stack elements.
- 2We start sourcing candidates as soon as the need arises and work on the position until we find the right tech talent.
- 3We are experts in selection, with access to an extremely large pool of experts, whether active or passive (not open to change). We can also reach software developers who are not available to anyone else. Why? Because our reputation and fair business conduct are important to IT professionals.
- 4We offer our IT experts a fair price. Our clients only pay for the engineering hours they complete. We have no other fees.
The project was a success. The newly formed Hungarian Java development team was able to take over the tasks previously performed by their German colleagues, providing cost savings for the client without compromising on quality. The project also demonstrated Bluebird's capability to manage complex IT contracting projects, involving professionals with high levels of technical knowledge and soft skills, ensuring business continuity and customer satisfaction.
- 1Our client signed a contract with us in 2020.
- 2Once the contract was signed, we found the right IT specialist for the first project within 7 working days.
- 3Their team leaders and project managers had good reviews of our work and wanted to work with us.
- 4We are still under contract with our client, working with more and more teams and areas.
- 5Our client's confidence in Bluebird is undiminished.