A business analyst with process development experience who can analyze, design, and improve the business processes of an organization. They can also communicate the project requirements and objectives to the stakeholders and ensure that the project deliverables meet the expectations of the clients and users. A business analyst collaborates with developers, testers, project managers, and other business analysts to deliver documentation on processes that support business problems.
- Conducting research and analysis to understand the current state of the business processes and identify the gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Developing process maps, flowcharts, diagrams, and documentation to describe the current and future state of the business processes.
- Defining and prioritizing the project scope, objectives, deliverables, and acceptance criteria in collaboration with the stakeholders.
- Eliciting, analyzing, validating, and managing the requirements of the project using various techniques such as interviews, workshops, surveys, observation, etc.
- Communicating the requirements and specifications to the development team and ensuring that they are understood.
- Reviewing and testing the software solution to verify that it meets the requirements and expectations of the stakeholders and users.
- Providing support and training to the users and stakeholders on how to use the software solution effectively.
- Evaluating the outcomes and benefits of the project and providing feedback and recommendations for further improvement.
Skills & Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in business administration, information technology, computer science, or a related field.
- At least 3- years of experience as a business analyst or a similar role in the information technology industry.
- Knowledge and experience in process development methodologies
- Knowledge and experience in workflows, Visio, MS project, etc.
- Excellent communication, presentation, facilitation, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, critical thinking, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of IT Security processes would be an advantage.
- 1) ability to use MS Visio to document process flows
- 2) ability to facilitate process discussions with SMEs, communications skills, presentation skills, facilitation skills
- advantage: know a bit about security, but this is not a must