We are looking for a Storage Engineer for a company, which is on the market for more than 40 years. It has developed high-performance automated test and automated measurement systems to help solve engineering challenges. Their open, software-defined platform uses modular hardware and an expansive ecosystem, which helps to turn powerful possibilities into real solutions.
What you´ll do
- Work with team to help them design, improve, and deploy technical and application solutions to meet business requirements
- Translate business requirements to determine appropriate storage solutions
- Produce documentation on installed systems and their configurations
- Monitor the performance and capacity of storage systems and take proactive measures to resolve any issues, supporting global operations including On-Call availability
- Ensure that root cause is identified, and knowledge gained is applied for process improvement
- Design storage solutions and sustainability by executing roadmaps
- Work in project from start to finish and make sure that project management skills are applied
What you´ll bring
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment and the ability to support team backlog refinement, planning, and retrospectives.
- Understanding of the DevOps or Platform Engineering concepts & culture, with a focus on leveraging software engineering tools, methodologies, and concepts.
- Functional knowledge and experience including development practices, information security principles, network architecture, and x-as-code development capabilities.
- Experience managing hybrid datacenter/cloud storage solutions will be a plus.
How you´ll be successful
- Challenging the Expected Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems, and identify unique opportunities.
- Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others to continuously improve.
- Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a team first mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.