The average Mid-level Salesforce Developer Salary in the USA is $98,000. Check out our blog post for more data.
Quick Summary (US) Based On Glassdoor Data - 09/19/2023
In our blog post, the term "salary" refers to the base salary plus any additional pay, such as a bonus or commission.
Junior Salesforce Developer salary per year:
Salesforce Developer salary per year:
Senior Salesforce Developer salary per year:
In our new blog post, we take a closer look at Salesforce Developer salaries in 2023. The Salesforce ecosystem is constantly evolving, and staying informed about the current salary landscape is crucial for making informed career decisions.
In this complete guide, we provide comprehensive insights into the factors affecting Salesforce Developer salaries and the latest updates on salary trends.
Overview of Salesforce Developer Salary
As a Salesforce Developer, your salary can vary depending on various factors such as your experience level, location, industry, certifications, and more. In this section, we will provide an overview of the Salesforce Developer salary landscape in the United States and explore the different factors that influence it.
According to recent data, the average salary range for Salesforce Developers in the United States is between $70,000 to $129,000 per year. However, this range can significantly vary depending on the above-mentioned factors.
Furthermore, the demand for Salesforce Developers is rapidly increasing, creating a positive job outlook for professionals with relevant skills and experience. As more companies adopt Salesforce as their preferred CRM, the need for developers who can customize and optimize the platform is also rising.
It is essential to note that Salesforce Developers have numerous growth opportunities, and the salary landscape can change quickly based on market trends and technological advancements. Stay up-to-date with the latest salary trends and continually work towards acquiring new skills and certifications to maintain a competitive edge in the job market.
Factors Affecting Salesforce Developer Salaries
When it comes to determining Salesforce Developer salaries, several factors can significantly impact compensation. As a Salesforce Developer, it is essential to consider these different factors when negotiating pay. In this section, we will discuss the key factors that influence Salesforce Developer salaries.
- 1Experience Level: Experience level is one of the most significant factors that determine Salesforce Developer salaries. Generally, as developers gain more experience, their salaries tend to increase. Entry-level developers can expect to earn less than mid-level and senior developers. However, developers with less experience may still earn a higher salary if they have in-demand skills or work for a high-paying industry.
- 2Location: Where you work also significantly affects your salary as a Salesforce Developer. Salaries can vary widely depending on the region or city you are located in. For instance, developers working in major cities like San Francisco, New York, and Seattle, typically earn higher salaries than those working in smaller cities or towns. It's essential to research and consider the cost of living, local job market demand, and the industry's strength in your location when negotiating your salary.
- 3Industry: Your industry can also impact your salary as a Salesforce Developer. For example, developers in the healthcare and finance industries tend to earn more than those working in non-profit or government organizations. In-demand skills and experience in emerging industries like AI, machine learning, and big data analytics can also command higher salaries.
- 4Certifications: Having Salesforce certifications can also positively impact a developer's salary. Getting certified shows that you have the knowledge and skills required to develop on the Salesforce platform. Certifications like the Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I or II, or the Salesforce Certified Technical Architect, can help developers stand out in a competitive job market and increase their earning potential.
Understanding these factors is crucial to negotiate and determine your salary as a Salesforce Developer. Keep in mind that salaries can vary widely depending on the job market, industry, and location. Consider gaining in-demand skills and obtaining relevant certifications to increase your earning potential in the Salesforce ecosystem.
Average Salesforce Developer Salary in the United States
According to industry standards and recent data, the average salary range for Mid-level Salesforce Developers in the United States is between $80,000 to $122,000 per year. However, the salary can vary based on different factors such as experience level, location, industry, and certifications.
Entry-level Salesforce Developers with less than one year of experience can expect to earn an average salary of approximately $70,000, while mid-level Developers with 5-9 years of experience can earn up to $122,000 per year. Senior-level Developers with over 10 years of experience can command a salary of more than $145,000 per year.
When considering salary by location, notably, San Jose, CA is one of the highest-paying region for Salesforce Developers, with an average salary range of $99,000 to $147,000 per year.
Salesforce Development is a lucrative career path in the United States, with the potential to earn a high salary due to the increasing demand for professional Salesforce expertise.
Salary Comparison by Experience Level
As we look into the Salesforce Developer salary landscape, it is crucial to understand how salaries vary based on experience levels.
- 1Junior Salesforce Developers with less than a year of experience can expect to earn an average salary of $70,000 - $107,000 per year, average junior salary is $86,000.
- 2Mid-level developers can earn an average salary of $98,000 per year, ranging from $80,000 to $122,000.
- 3Senior Salesforce Developers with more than 5 years of experience can command an average salary of $105,000 per year or more (salary range is from $86,000 to $129,000)
It is important to note that experience is not the only factor that affects salaries; location, industry, and certifications also play a significant role. However, having a higher level of experience often correlates with higher salaries.
Salary Comparison by Location
Location is one of the significant factors that influence a Salesforce Developer's salary. The salaries may vary based on the cost of living and demand for Salesforce Developers in different regions of the United States. As per recent data, the average Mid-level Salesforce Developer salary in the United States is approximately $98,000 per annum.
Salesforce Developer Salary by Tech Hub
- 1San Jose, CA: average salary is $113,000; salary range: $95,000 - $136,000
- 2Austin, TX: average salary is $101,000; salary range: $85,000 - $121,000
- 3Raleigh, NC: average salary is $97,000; salary range: $81,000 - $115,000
- 4Miami, FL: average salary is $99,000; salary range: $82,000 - $120,000
- 5Seattle, WA: average salary is $111,000; salary range: $93,000 - $134,000
- 6Chicago, IL: average salary is $103,000; salary range: $86,000 - $123,000
- 7Boston, MA: average salary is $106,000; salary range: $89,000 - $126,000
- 8Philadelphia, PA: average salary is $101,000; salary range: $85,000 - $121,000
- 9Boulder, CO: average salary is $102,000; salary range: $86,000 - $122,000
- 10Huntsville, AL: average salary is $95,000; salary range: $79,000 - $114,000
- 11Atlanta, GA: average salary is $100,000; salary range: $84,000 - $120,000
Salesforce Developer Salary by State
When considering job opportunities, professionals should not only consider the salary but also the cost of living in a particular city or state. It is essential to weigh the pros and cons of each location before making career choices.
Salary Comparison by Industry
In our comprehensive guide to Salesforce Developer salaries in 2023, we have explored various factors that influence their compensation. One of the most significant determinants of salary range is industry. In this section, we will compare salaries of Salesforce Developers across different industries in the United States.
- 1Healthcare Industry: The Healthcare industry is one of the highest paying industries for Salesforce Developers in the United States. The average annual salary for a Salesforce Developer in the healthcare industry is $112,000.
- 2Finance Industry: The finance industry also offers competitive salary packages for Salesforce Developers. The average annual salary for a Salesforce Developer in the finance industry is $108,000.
- 3Technology Industry: The technology industry is also one of the highest paying industries for Salesforce Developers in the United States. According to recent data, the average annual salary for a Senior Salesforce Developer in the technology industry is $106,000.
The technology industry offers the highest-paying positions for Salesforce Developers, followed by finance and healthcare. It is essential to consider industry differences when evaluating salary expectations and career opportunities in the Salesforce ecosystem.
Impact of Certifications on Salesforce Developer Salaries
When it comes to technology careers, certifications can have a significant impact on one's salary and career progression. This is no different for Salesforce Developers. Here, we will explore how acquiring certain certifications can positively impact the salaries of Salesforce Developers.
Certifications that Impact Salesforce Developer Salaries
There are several certifications that Salesforce Developers can obtain to enhance their skills and advance their careers. The most valuable certifications for Salesforce Developers include:
According to recent salary surveys, Salesforce Developers with these certifications earn significantly higher salaries on average compared to those without.
Other Benefits of Certifications for Salesforce Developers
Besides higher salaries, certifications can also lead to advancing one's career and increasing job security. Certification holders have a competitive edge in the job market as they possess valuable skills and knowledge that are in demand.
Certifications also indicate a developer's commitment to professional growth and development, which can lead to more opportunities for advancement and management roles.
Future Salary Trends for Salesforce Developers
As the use of Salesforce continues to grow across various industries, the demand for skilled Salesforce Developers is expected to increase. This is good news for developers, as it is projected to drive an upward trend in salaries in the coming years.
In particular, developers with experience in cloud and mobile development are likely to see the most significant salary increases. This is due to the continued shift towards cloud-based solutions and the increased adoption of mobile devices in the workplace. Additionally, developers with experience in artificial intelligence and machine learning will also be in high demand, as companies seek to leverage data insights to drive business success.
Another factor that may influence future salary trends is the emergence of new Salesforce products and features. Developers with expertise in these areas will be highly sought after and may command higher salaries. For example, the recent launch of Salesforce Blockchain opens up new possibilities for developers with knowledge in this field.
It is clear that the future looks bright for Salesforce Developers in terms of salary trends. Developers who continue to update their skills and stay current with the latest technology trends will be well-positioned to take advantage of these opportunities and secure high-paying positions in the Salesforce ecosystem.
Job Market Outlook for Salesforce Developers
At present, the job market outlook for Salesforce Developers is highly optimistic, due to the increasing demand for Salesforce technology across industries. In fact, there has been a 34% increase in job postings for Salesforce Developers in the past year alone.
This surge in demand is expected to continue, with a projected growth rate of 26% for Salesforce Developers by 2029, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. This growth is significantly higher than the average for all occupations.
As organizations continue to adopt Salesforce technology for various business functions, the need for skilled Salesforce Developers is also increasing. This creates a favorable job market for Salesforce Developers, with ample opportunities for growth and career advancement.
Moreover, the Salesforce ecosystem is constantly evolving, with new tools and technologies being added regularly. This means that Salesforce Developers will have a range of opportunities to expand their skillset and stay up to date with the latest developments.
The job market outlook for Salesforce Developers is highly positive, with a robust demand for skilled professionals expected to continue in the years to come. This presents an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to establish a career in the Salesforce ecosystem and grow professionally.
Q: What is the average salary range for Salesforce Developers in 2023?
A: The average salary range for Salesforce Developers in 2023 varies depending on factors such as experience, location, and industry. On average, Salesforce Developers can expect to earn between $80,000 and $122,000 per year.
Q: What factors influence Salesforce Developer salaries?
A: Several factors can influence Salesforce Developer salaries, including experience level, location, industry, and certifications. Developers with more experience, working in high-demand locations and industries, and holding relevant certifications are likely to command higher salaries.
Q: How do Salesforce Developer salaries differ across different locations?
A: Salesforce Developer salaries can vary significantly across different locations in the United States. Major tech hubs such as San Francisco, New York City, and Seattle tend to offer higher salaries due to the high cost of living and increased demand for skilled developers. On the other hand, salaries may be relatively lower in smaller cities or regions with a lower cost of living.
Q: Does industry affect Salesforce Developer salaries?
A: Yes, the industry in which a Salesforce Developer works can impact their salary. Industries such as technology, finance, and healthcare often offer higher salaries for Salesforce Developers due to the demand for their expertise and the complexity of the systems they work with. However, salaries can still vary within industries based on other factors such as company size and location.
Q: How do certifications impact Salesforce Developer salaries?
A: Certifications can have a significant impact on Salesforce Developer salaries. Holding relevant certifications, such as Salesforce Certified Platform Developer or Salesforce Certified Technical Architect, can validate a developer's skills and increase their market value. Employers often place a premium on certified professionals, leading to higher salaries and career advancement opportunities.
Q: What can we expect for future salary trends for Salesforce Developers?
A: The future salary trends for Salesforce Developers are expected to remain positive. The growing demand for Salesforce expertise and the continuous innovations within the Salesforce ecosystem are likely to drive salaries higher. As the technology continues to evolve, professionals who stay updated with the latest skills and certifications may see even greater salary growth.
Q: What is the job market outlook for Salesforce Developers?
A: The job market outlook for Salesforce Developers is highly favorable. With the increasing adoption of Salesforce in various industries and the need for skilled developers to customize and optimize the platform, there is a strong demand for talented professionals. The job growth for Salesforce Developers is projected to be above average, providing ample career opportunities and stability.
Please check out our other blog posts for salary information on other IT roles: